Thank you for your interest in volunteering with IDAS. We rely on the generous support of volunteers and donors to continue our vital work. We are delighted that you have put yourself forward to volunteer with us.
So, what happens next?
We’ll do our best to get back to you within 14 working days. In this time we’ll also contact your reference.
Ideally, all our volunteers will complete our free, online training. There are two modules which take around 45 minutes each.
Whilst we are processing your application, it would be great if you could complete our online domestic abuse awareness training and sexual violence awareness training. The courses are free and usually takes about 45 minutes each.
Get in touch
Our training covers challenging topics, including discussions about domestic abuse and sexual violence which some people may find difficult. We want to make sure that you feel in a good place to participate fully in the training and to benefit from volunteering with us. If you would like to discuss the content of the training before you take the course, please contact us.
- Contact Jen Phelps our South Yorkshire volunteer organiser on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Marie Eden, our volunteer organiser for Craven, Harrogate and District, Hambleton, Richmond and Selby email@example.com
- Contact Glen Dhliwayo, our volunteer organiser for York, Ryedale, Scarborough and Whitby firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, here are other things that you can do now to support us.
- You could also follow us on social media and like and share our posts.
- Have you thought about fundraising for us? It’s easy to hold a dress down day at work, a bake sale or do a sponsored activity to raise funds. Find out more here.
We are looking forward to working with you and supporting you through your volunteer journey. We know your time is precious, we are grateful that you have chosen us to volunteer your time. We’ll be in touch soon to discuss volunteering with IDAS.