This Christmas, hundreds of families in Yorkshire will be living in emergency accommodation having escaped violence and abuse. Many will have left with nothing, leaving all their belongings behind to find a place of safety in our refuges and emergency accomodation.
This year we have launched an urgent appeal and we are asking people and the business community to donate to our Christmas campaign so that we can keep supporting people subjected to abuse and violence, to rebuild their self-esteem and support children who have been impacted to recover from their experience.
This has been a year of extraordinary challenges and the impact of COVID on those living with abusers has been extreme. For IDAS this meant an unprecedented demand for our support. Our helplines were the busiest they have ever been receiving over 22,000 calls.
You can give the gift of safety this Christmas by donating to our urgent appeal.
Donate via PayPal or Justgiving
- £20 could help to provide essential supplies to a family escaping domestic abuse
- £60 could help to fund a night in emergency accomodation for a family
- £100 could provide support sessions to help someone recover from the abuse they have been subjected to
There are also many ways other ways that you can support us. If you would like to find out more, please fill in a simple online form.
The best way to support our work is to make a financial donation. We are not able to accept any second-hand donations.
If you are unable to make a financial donation you may like to donate new items from the list below:
- New bedding sets for children and adults, standard double and singles
- New towels
- New household goods e.g. Pans/crockery sets/cutlery sets/Kitchen utensils
- Cheap mobile phone and sim card packages
Please try to get your donations to us by 13th December so that we have time to distribute them to families.
For more information about how you can donate in your local area, contact us at [email protected]